Service Support Analyst
BAE Systems Applied Intelligence has an exciting opportunity for a 2nd line Support Analyst with proven technology domain experience, to work on an evolving IT project within the Managed Services arena. We are looking for a self-starting, well-motivated individual to join the Managed Services team and work across our client’s projects. The service provided covers a business critical system in a sensitive, dynamic and diverse environment which includes multiple stakeholders. Therefore good communication, team working, and stakeholder engagement skills are essential.
Working within a team of 10, you will carry out support and administration activities for a suite of multifaceted applications in a virtualised environment, whilst following the ITIL methodology. You will be responsible for responding to incidents, investigating fixes and work-arounds, and providing timely communications to stakeholders. You will also be involved in planning, testing and implementation of changes within production and staging environments, and provide additional support within the realms of client liaison, reporting and incident assignment tasks for other areas of the business.
What you’ll be doing
- Incident, problem, change and event management under the guidelines of ITIL
- Supporting technical change
- Liaising and working with 1st and 3rd Line Support Teams
- Regular service delivery and performance reporting
- Preventive maintenance through system monitoring
- Sharing knowledge with colleagues and assisting team members with their objectives
- Responding to, and resolving technical issues within SLA
- Responding to client requests, anticipating and meeting client problems and needs using innovative approaches when applicable
- Communicating with customers and other stakeholders in relation to service requests and incidents
What we’re looking for
- Proven track record in delivering 1st and / or 2nd line support services
- Awareness of ITIL (V3 Foundation qualification is desirable)
- Experience of using Service Management software and tools for incident and problem management
- Experience with Windows and Unix operating systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Competence with the Microsoft Office suite of applications
- Customer service skills
- Experience of operating in a diverse service environment with multiple stakeholders
- Experience of database (SQL Server / MySQL) housekeeping and database support
- Microsoft .Net, AWS, Drupal, or PHP experience
- Apache framework and application server management
- Shell scripting and batch job creation and management
- An understanding of Talend ESB or a similar ETL solution
- An understanding of network configuration and Active Directory Management
- Experience in implementation of SSL certificates
- Awareness of security threats in the industry
Security Clearance is required for this vacancy. If you are not currently Security Cleared, you will need to be eligible for this and willing to go through the process. For more guidance on National Security Vetting please click here.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We help nations, governments and businesses around the world defend themselves against cyber crime, reduce their risk in the connected world, comply with regulation, and transform their operations. We do this using our unique set of solutions, systems, experience and processes.
Our success is down to our people. The changing nature of our business means that we’re constantly looking for the brightest talent to help us fulfil our ambitions. As an experienced professional, we’ll entrust you with responsibility; this means that you’ll have client contact, variety and support from day one.
We'll encourage and support you to develop your skills and reward you as you grow. Whatever your area of expertise, you'll be much more than just a job title; you'll be an integral part of the business where your individual contribution makes a difference every day. Great minds deserve great rewards, so we also offer a very competitive salary and benefits package.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. Staying competitive in today’s global marketplace requires an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. We also welcome discussions about flexible working.