Senior Design Engineer (Electrical)
It's an exciting time to join the Compliance function at AWE, we are transforming the way we work and continuing to support the demand of the business. Working for one of the area's largest employers and enjoying an excellent work/life balance, we can offer a competitive basic salary plus generous holiday entitlement, nine day working fortnight, workplace pension scheme and additional flexible benefits scheme.
We are currently looking to recruit an Electrical Senior Design Engineer to provide designs for the Facility Design Authority (FDA) such that utilities, infrastructure, engineering processes, equipment and facilities are compliant with legislation, standards and requirements associated with engineering design throughout the facility lifecycle.
You will be part of a multi discipline service delivery function, providing appropriate design and compliance guidance to AWE's Engineering, Asset and Project communities. The Senior Design Engineer will be responsible for maintaining & promoting high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security & quality and be a great team player.
To be considered for this role you will need to have -
- Extensive knowledge and experience of electrical building services covering; LV, distribution, general power distribution, lighting systems, fire detection and alarms, lightning protection systems, motor control systems, all in a diverse range of facilities.
- Very good knowledge of installation, testing & commissioning.
- Knowledge of hazardous area installations (DSEAR).
- Knowledge of HV and LV distribution for Utility supplies.
- Previous work in commercial, industrial, and regulated environments.
- Good knowledge of applicable regulations, standards and codes of practice, relative to the above subjects.
- Use of design software for cable sizing, lighting systems design
- Knowledge and experience in reading and interpreting technical drawings and interpret data in written / numerical form on electrical systems.
- Good level of knowledge / experience in the use of Microsoft products i.e. Word, Excel, to produce documentation / reports associated with electrical design, installation, verification
- ONC/OND or equivalent in relevant engineering discipline or relevant work experience
Individuals interested in this permanent opportunity will be required to be eligible for UK Security Clearance
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities.