Secure Cloud Network Architect (SC)
Cloud Network Architect / Defence / Security / Juniper / CCNP / Firewall
This role is for a network architect to work on a secure cloud offering and subsequent deployments. The successful applicant will be responsible for working closely with the Solution Owner and wider team to define the architecture, implementation and security compliance of the solution. As part of a small, agile team, it will be necessary for the candidate to not only define the architecture but also script and implement the reference SDDC solution. Once implementations have been deployed to customers, this role will also perform support activities, operating in a DevOps context with service counterparts.
While the base location for this work is Basingstoke, the successful candidate must be willing to work on customer site if required. This role requires that the candidate be SC cleared and be capable of achieving higher clearance levels.
This role will include the following responsibilities:
Design and implementation of the physical network including top of rack switches, customer network connectivity including firewalls and east/west switches
Design and configuration of all virtual network elements implemented in VMware NSX
Supporting the Solution Owner in ensuring designs meet the solution requirements
Work package estimation for planning purposes and regular progress reporting to project management
Engagement with customers to define the Secure Cloud external connectivity requirements
Championing the principles and benefits behind Infrastructure as Code and software defined networking to customers and other Network capability team members
Mandatory Skills Required:
- Demonstrable design experience in proposing and utilizing technologies to implement software defined networks within virtualised infrastructure - preferably using VMware NSX technology.
* Demonstrable design experience in proposing and utilizing technologies from Juniper, Cisco and Brocade.
* Juniper accreditation. Ideally JNCIS-ENT
* Cisco accreditation. Ideally CCNP/CCDP
* Firewall design, specifically Juniper SRX range, and Cisco ASA Next Generation.
* Routing protocols i.e. BGP, OSPF.
* Other network protocols such as TCP and UDP.
* SVI/RVI design and configuration.
* SNMPv3, Syslog, NTP design and configuration.
* AAA design and configuration.
* Access lists configuration.
* VRF and VLAN design and configuration.
* IP Addressing design.
* Remote Access solutions i.e. Cisco AnyConnect, Pulse Secure.
* VPN design
* Network troubleshooting
* Passive infrastructure - i.e. OM3 fibre, 62.5 /50 micron, fibre termination types
Desirable Skills Required:
- DNS and IPAM knowledge.
* Active Directory/DHCP services.
* Encryption devices, CAPs assured products such as Catapan.
* DWDM services.
* Network Management toolsets.
Key Performance Indicators
- Demonstrably operates as the overall infrastructure Customer Solution Architect for large, complex solutions.
* Regularly has large, complex designs, incorporating trade-offs from the original specification, accepted by the relevant business approval review, without any requirement for design changes.
* Authors design and test documents for large, complex infrastructures, whose risk and cost elements are accepted by the overall CSA or Project Manager.
* Can evidence regular contributions to customer forums, conferences and professional bodies.
* Using company prescribed methodologies, can demonstrate a contribution to the definition of customer overall IT architecture, including new solutions or significant size and complexity and which contain solution components from contributing specialists.
* Regular contribution to, and user of, company knowledge repositories and events.
A leading global IT services organisation with 10,000 employees and annual revenue of nearly £2 billion in the UK alone. Projects delivered for private, Government, International and Defence customers are some of the largest and most technically innovative solutions found in the world.
Their business is rapidly expanding to meet current and future commitments due to numerous exciting programmes currently being developed. These solutions will use the latest technology to resolve some of the most complex requirements for a challenging group of customers.
Diversity Project People and our clients are fully committed to developing an inclusive workforce. Applications are always fully considered, irrespective of race, gender, faith, sexual orientation, ethnic origin or part-time status.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.