Network Design Engineer
Network Design Engineer
Responsible for the design, creation, testing and documenting of new and amended programs from supplied specifications in accordance with agreed standards. The provision of application maintenance and support services, either directly to users of the applications or to service delivery functions.
- Produces high quality solutions and documentation, through the use of a structured approach, for problems with a high complexity.
- Makes a significant contribution to and reviews project and quality plans for large-scale solutions
- Designs or undertakes impact analysis of medium to large scale solutions or partial solutions.
- May be the principle Design Authority on small to medium projects/services.
- May manage a team including resourcing, performance management, coaching etc.
- Plays lead role in preparing for and gaining sign off of proposals/change requests.
- Is recognised as coaching and/or mentoring more junior colleagues.
- Contributes to solution reviews.
- Has identified and implemented strategic ways to exceed customer expectation.
- Fluently presents complex technical information to technical and non-technical audiences both orally and in writing.
- Communicates issues in a timely manner.
- Facilitates and leads team meetings as appropriate.
- Influences the final peer review sign off of deliverables.
- People from external teams come to the role holder for advice and guidance.
- Works influentially with the customer to discover, document and prioritise requirements.
- Adheres to corporate and local development methodologies as appropriate.
- Adheres to Corporate and local processes. Has played a lead role in developing and/or tailoring some local processes.
- Keep abreast of technology developments within their own specialism.
Qualifications - External
Key Performance Indicators
- Where applicable there is demonstrable evidence that the work of others has been well managed, e.g. positive feedback received from those being managed
- Coached colleagues and mentees have benefited from the advice provided.
- Leadership provided in at least one technical area.
- Knowledge shared within the team.
- When implemented, the designs successfully integrate with other parts of the solution and meet the requirement specification.
- Consistently produces deliverables, which require minimal rework following peer review prior to the engineering phase.
- Work is delivered to agreed timescales.
- Issues are notified in a timely manner.
- Plan produced with task lists, resource allocation and task inter-dependencies.
- Responses are provided within the agreed timeframe.
- Produces maintainable solutions with a low density of defects.
- Provides technical advice and assistance to less experienced colleagues.
- Can produce tangible evidence of how they have proactively identified and resolved potential issues and risks to enable successful delivery.
- Is able to provide evidence of clear and concise communication to both technical and non-technical audiences, utilizing appropriate language and terminology.
- Can produce numerous examples of how their ideas have influenced the team and outside the team, across a range of subjects, e.g. design implemented, published processes, developed standards, identified and implemented tools etc.
- Is able to provide evidence of how they have influenced customer requirements and identify a suitable solution.
- Evidence that Corporate and local development methodologies have been followed.
- Evidence of input to local processes. These local processes are in regular use and have been successfully audited.
- Evidence of input to or auditing of the processes of another team.
- May have an appropriate qualification and/or accreditation in their chosen discipline.
- Able to demonstrate that Continuous Development is undertaken in both professional and personal skills.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.