Want to work for a company that takes Developers seriously as they see the significant value they add? Our client located in Hammersmith are looking for Java Developers who will work within a scrum team to create highly secure and time critical platforms and systems:
- Java development using primarily REST and SOAP services.
- BPM (Activiti) development
- Development of the Hadoop platform
- Support for junior developers.
The developers will need have a knowledge in the following: - Java - REST - SOAP - BPM (Activiti) - ActiveMQ - Spring MVC.
- Development in the following technologies:- Java, REST, SOAP, BPM (Activiti),
- ActiveMQ, Spring MVC.
- Knowledge/experience of working in an agile/scrum development environment and be familiar with standard testing and release cycles.
A chance to learn
- The firm believes that it is critical to encourage personal development to have a successful team. Even the most experienced developers in this position will have the opportunity to expand and improve their skill sets in many advanced areas of knowledge.
- You'll be given a coding buddy for the first three months of your employment to help you learn about our clients coding standards, culture and philosophy.
- You'll get your hands on the latest cutting edge technology stack. Just some of the stuff the client is using at the moment include: AWS, Azure, Talend, J2SE, YUI, Jenkins, Terraform, Ansible, Docker, Vagrant, Packer, Nagios, ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana, VMWare, Linux, MySQL, Drupal, Slack.
- UK Government Security Clearance
- At least 3 years development experience
- Good communicator to both technical and non-technical
- Familiarity with working with cloud infrastructure
The client is committed to making developers as successful as possible. A manager with a work history in IT leads each team, and the sales process includes technical personnel throughout every step of the sale to ensure technical viability of every project.
- Work as a team with our organisation and other suppliers
- Nurture more junior members of the team
- Transparent and collaborative when making decisions
- Have a flexible attitude
- Have a no-blame culture and encourage people to learn from their mistakes
- Be proficient at working in a flexible, agile environment
- Good team player
You must be willing to undergo Security Clearance (SC and eventually DV) with a UK Government Department.