- Job Type
Want to work for a company that takes Developers seriously as they see the significant value they add? Our client is looking for a Front-End Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming.
- Work as part of agile teams to develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimise application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
You'll work on the translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
- Understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Good understanding of AngularJS.
- Good understanding of nodeJS and its ecosystem.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them
A chance to learn
- The firm believes that it is critical to encourage personal development to have a successful team. Even the most experienced developers in this position will have the opportunity to expand and improve their skill sets in many advanced areas of knowledge.
- You'll be given a coding buddy for the first three months of your employment to help you learn about our clients coding standards, culture and philosophy.
- You'll get your hands on the latest cutting edge technology stack.
- Desirable experience on UK Government Design Service (GDS) guidelines and assessments
- UK Government Security Clearance
The client is committed to making developers as successful as possible. A manager with a work history in IT leads each team, and the sales process includes technical personnel throughout every step of the sale to ensure technical viability of every project.
- Work as a team with our organisation and other suppliers
- Nurture more junior members of the team
- Transparent and collaborative when making decisions
- Have a flexible attitude
- Have a no-blame culture and encourage people to learn from their mistakes
- Be proficient at working in a flexible, agile environment
- Good team player
You must be willing to undergo Security Clearance (SC and eventually DV) with a UK Government Department.
Apply for Front-End Developer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly