Network Design Engineer - SC
Network Design Engineer - SC Cleared
I am currently recruiting for a Network Engineer with experience of designing and implementing Cisco / Juniper networks for a large IT Service provider working in the Defence sector on an inital 6 month contract.
The Engineer will have a background of working within a secure environment and hold a valid SC Clearance and have exposure to both Juniper & Cisco networks.
Network Design Engineer will be expected to:
- Provide day to day support to the Programme and Project Managers to deliver the required network configurations within all work packages.
- Support the Network Architects by configuring and implementing networks in line with the design documentation set.
- Take ownership of network build documentation components for specific key programme activities such as Integration, Pre-Production and the live environment.
- Ensure the build documentation produced are fit for purpose and reusable through the life of the project.
- Provide input into reports, when required, to the Lead Network Architect, Project Network architects and Project Managers.
- Liaise with other technical project team members such as Integrators and test engineers to ensure that the network element of the infrastructure and systems are built in a timely manner.
- Be willing to undertake customer site surveys to assist with proposed technical network design.
- Be willing to travel within the UK and overseas if required.
- Provide 4th line support and work with relevant vendors to resolve issues
Mandatory Skills Required:
- Demonstrable network configuration experience using Juniper and/or Cisco technologies.
- Demonstrable knowledge and CLI experience of Junos and/or Cisco IOS.
- Experience of configuring LAN switches.
- Routing protocols i.e. BGP, OSPF.
- Other network protocols such as TCP and UDP.
- Access lists configuration.
- IP Addressing design.
- Network troubleshooting.
- Passive infrastructure - i.e. OM3 fibre, 62.5 /50 micron, fibre termination types.
Desirable Skills Required:
- Firewalls skills, ideally Juniper SRX range and Cisco ASA Next Generation.
- Cisco accreditation
- Juniper accreditation
- VRF and VLAN configuration.
- SVI/RVI configuration.
- SNMPv3, Syslog, NTP configuration.
If this role is of interest please contact me for further details.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age