Systems Technicians (Network Engineers) *SC Cleared
I have a number of fantastic positions for Network Engineers with background in NOC network management to come on-board and working a market leading global IT company, based in Solihull. This will be an initial 12 month contract position. Competitive rates on offer.
- Commissioning, Building networks and bringing into service. Subsequent NOC network management
- Old network legacy engineer. Will be moving from legacy technologies, such as X21, ASDH, ISDL (integrated Services Digital Network), DSL (Digital Subscriber Line) Copper etc to IP/Juniper
- Swapping out old legacy networks to new IP/Juniper network
- Roles are initially day work but when roles move to NOC management stage, roles will become shift based - 24/7 - 4 on / 4 off - 12 hour days / 12 hour nights.
- Technical Capability. Works within a team with some supervision supporting end users with technical queries relating to several products/systems (e.g. Microsoft products, operating systems, networks, applications, PCS).
- Business Awareness. Develops an understanding of the customers' environment and service delivery requirements to enable the delivery of the service.
- Process. Follows established processes/systems and recommends improvements to these as appropriate to resolve routine customer enquiries. Documents actions taken to resolve enquiries.
- Problem Solving. Takes ownership for listening to and understanding the customer's problem. Escalates and/or gains support where necessary to resolve the problem. Uses relevant information to diagnose and to resolve or enable resolution in a timely manner.
- Service Level. Escalates issues as necessary to deliver required service level and meet or exceed customer expectations/SLA. Monitors performance through statistical reporting and analysis.
- Team Working. Acts as a team player being viewed by colleagues as an effective and helpful member of the team, demonstrating personal leadership and initiative.
- Professional Development. Takes responsibility for learning about current products/systems to build own technical knowledge to support business requirements.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.