SC Cleared Network Engineer - (SDH/PDH/Ethernet)
SC Cleared Network Engineer - (SDH/PDH/Ethernet) - Solihull, West Midlands - Contract.
A global IT services company is searching for an SC Cleared Network Engineer with strong SDH/PDH/Ethernet knowledge to join their team in Solihull on a contract basis.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate that they have a good breadth and depth of technical experience in the support and management of legacy analogue/digital services, network synchronization and Carrier Ethernet services.
- Experienced in the support of PDH/SDH networking.
- Experienced in the support of Carrier Ethernet networking.
You should have knowledge of at least 4 of the following network solutions and protocols:
- Analogue private circuits (2W/4W)
- Digital private circuits (e.g. Kilostream, Megastream)
- Serial digital interfaces (V.24, X.21, V.11)
- PDH/SDH networking (E1, STM-1, synchronization)
- Circuit Emulation Services (CESoPSN, SAToP)
- IP VPN networking (BGP, MPLS)
- Network synchronization in packet networks (PTP)
- MEF ELINE services (EPL, EVPL)
- Layer 2 VPN networking (VPLS, EVPN)
- Provider bridging (VLAN, QinQ VLAN, SVLAN)
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.