Information Assurance Engineer
Information Assurance Engineer - Permanent - Gloucester - Excellent Salary
- Address specific projects and programmes' information assurance requirements.
- Provide information assurance expertise and guidance across the company.
- Successful candidates will work with the Principal IA Practitioner and programme managers.
- Ensure that the Cabinet Office Security Policy Framework's requirements are met with regards to the implementation and maintenance of accredited IT networks.
- Support business development activities and refine the business unit's information assurance business development strategy.
- Provide information security advice and guidance across the business.
- Provide threat and risk based analysis of customer environments.
- An all-round information assurance practitioner with both working knowledge of information security best practices and technical knowledge of information system architectures, their components and potential vulnerabilities.
- Experience of working in accordance with the Security Policy Framework and ISO 27001.
- Experience of providing risk managed security guidance during the design and operation of secure IT systems.
- Experience of undertaking technical risk assessments in compliance with IAS 1 /2. Additionally candidates must be experienced in the application of a varied, context based approach to risk assessment and management.
- Demonstrable experience of developing/delivering RMADS and supporting accreditation processes.
- Working knowledge of HMG Good Practice Guides, Information Assurance Policies, and the Security Policy Framework.
- CESG Certified Practitioner in the SIRA discipline.
- Strong stakeholder management and customer facing skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills: able to communicate Information Security principles at the tactical and operational level of the organisation.
- Desired skills, qualifications and experience [JP]
- Knowledge of: Internet Security Trends, Firewall products, Access Control devices, and encryption products.
- A holder or member of a professional Information Security Certification (e.g. IISP, ITPC, CLAS, CISSP, CISSM, CCP).
- Ability to mentor junior IA professionals and to lead an information assurance team.
- Experience of applying information assurance principles during systems development and integration.
- A high level of integrity and professionalism.
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £300!
You will be required to hold a minimum of DV security clearance. If you do not hold an active DV clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2018.