My client provides a wide range of products including postage stamps and banking to the public through its nationwide network of branches. They have been established for over 30 years and employ over 7000 people. They are looking to take on a Security Architect to join their well-established team. The ideal candidate will have skills in things such as Change Management, Project Management & IT Security Testing.
- Work closely with, and report to the Head of IT Security with the ability to deputise in their absence
- Maintain senior stakeholder relationships and be a high value member of the IT Security team, contributing to short and long term decisions on Business strategy
- Management of the IT Security Architecture team, responsible for team development including recruitment, training, appraisals and performance reviews
- Define and own the IT Security Architectural Framework
- Be the IT Security Technology Design Authority and approver at the relevant Architectural Governance Boards
- Own and maintain the list of approved IT Security Business products
- Ensure architectural compliance the companies solutions to the IT Security Policy, associated Standards, Regulatory requirements, and overarching Corporate objectives and architectural principles
- Liaise with security vendors on emerging technologies in area of Information Security
- Keep abreast of the latest news, threats and vulnerabilities within the Information Security industry
- Recommend control improvements and deliver on these changes (directly or through partners and suppliers).
- Recommend changes to and adoption of Information Security obligations, including contractual commitments, operational procedures or technical designs which may have significant financial implications (>£10m).
Key experience & knowledge required:
- Extensive and practical knowledge of IT Security and IT Security Architecture.
- Extensive knowledge of Information Security regulatory requirements, which apply to the company or other similar environments
- Extensive knowledge of Information Security industry, product and service trends.
- Extensive knowledge of current Information Security threat types and potential mitigation controls.
- Knowledge of IT project lifecycle, ideally Prince 2.
- Knowledge of Information Security within frameworks, such as COBIT.
- Knowledge of Information Security within architecture, such as TOGAF.
- Motivated to deliver POL's Business Transformation needs.
- Has a proven track record of effective team working and role-models the team ethic.
- Understands the value-add to the customer and external partners/clients.
- Five years broad experience in the field of technology and at least three years' experience in information security/IT Security and security architecture requirements.
- Experience with external regulators.
- Experience in managing multiple suppliers, partners and outsourcing.
- Experience in conducting and managing threat and vulnerability assessments, and remediation management.
- Experience in remediation management.
- IT Security professional.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation at a practical and tactical level.
- Excellent commercial acumen with a proven record of challenging senior stakeholders to ensure the company receives the best value for every penny spent on IT.
- Experience in developing business or IT strategies in a complex organisation
This is a Permanent role for the Security Architect working for a Top company. To apply to the Security Architect Role please send a CV or call to discuss.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age