Engineering Manager - (Mechanical)
Salary dependant on experience
Engineering / Defence / Aerospace / Military
South Wales, UK
On offer is an Engineering Manager career opportunity within a company considered a world-leader in the integration of cutting-edge defence and security systems, delivering decisive advantage to military, government and civil customers worldwide. This Role Is offered on a Permanent basis.
Purpose of Position
The purpose of the Engineering Manager role is to lead the businesses Mechanical Design teams, accountable for the management and delivery of multiple Engineering projects; these include the AJAX Programme, CR2 and Future Business Pursuits
- Manage a cross-functional team within a matrix structure to deliver defined new motor development projects
- Ensure consistent and correct implementation of company procedures and methods within the product development
- Provide technical leadership within the development projects, assisting with the generation of design concepts, specifications and problem solving to achieve optimal solutions.
- Knowledge, understanding and practical experience of managing teams to deliver multiple concurrent projects
- Experience of leading Senior level Stakeholder and Customer reviews
- Knowledge of Risk and Opportunity Management
- Practical experience of budget management and forward resource planning
- Experience of preparation of internal and external reports
- Sound communication and presentation skills
- Engineering Degree in Mechanical Engineering and/or relevant demonstrable experience
- Project Management qualifications and/or training
If this is the role for you please apply! Alternatively email me at stuart(dot)macdonald(at)modis(dot)co(dot)uk with your most recent CV!