An opportunity to further your career within a market leading company that houses the most interesting engineering projects in the country and world. This employer offers great career prospects and opportunities to work within a fantastic working environment.
High-end technology, market leading business, great salary and benefits in Dorset
- Detailed analysis of specific aspects of existing equipment to establish requirements for replacement or refurbishment.
- Helping to establish a number of candidate solutions.
- Supporting discussions of the proposed solutions with customer representatives to agree the optimum solution in terms of cost, timescale and ease of implementation.
- Liaison with suppliers regarding supply and support of third party equipment.
- Carrying out specified design and development work in own area of competence.
- Occasionally supporting the installation and commissioning of equipment on the customer's site if needed.
- Supporting good customer relationships by presenting a professional engineering approach to the work.
- Supporting the team's engineering capabilities with individual skill and determination.
- Developing personal engineering capability across the safety system and instrumentation areas.
- Produce technical reports clearly identifying the preferred course of action and why after the analysis of the legacy designs.
Key activities for the role
- Supporting the team in specific personal skill areas to provide appropriate solutions for the customer base.
- Drafting concise and accurate technical reports, requirements specifications and drawings as required meeting the specific needs of the deployed equipment.
- Providing technical support to the Team Leader for the proposed solutions offered to the customer.
- Peer review of technical reports, drawings and designs for safety, functionality and compliance with standards and statutory requirements.
- Designing, developing and testing solutions for the customer.
- Supporting the installation and commissioning of equipment on the customer site.
- Delivering engineering tasks to the right quality on time.
- To provide specific technical support to project manager for projects.
- To provide a technical lead in specified areas for the team and the company as a whole.
- To support opportunities for new work streams where appropriate.
- To carry out all work ethically, safely and in accordance with the relevant standards and best practice within the nuclear industry.
Qualifications / skills required
- Able to demonstrate skill and experience in a specific area relating to electronic equipment design or maintenance, preferably in a regulated industry.
- Demonstrable ability in electrical work and/or analogue and digital electronics using conventional logic families and programmable logic.
- Appropriate technical qualifications in specific areas of electrical or electronic design or in instrumentation and control.
- Ability to communicate effectively within peer group and with manager / team leader.
- Capable of producing good oral and written communications.
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of one of the most forward thinking companies in the UK and to further develop your own skills and capabilities.
If you believe that the prior details are relevant to your recent work experience then please do not hesitate to apply to this advert with your up to date CV. Alternatively, you can submit your CV to steven(dot)mitchell(at)modis(dot)co(dot)uk