Senior Engineering Manager - C4 Systems
Senior Engineering Manager - (C4i Systems)
Salary dependant on experience
Engineering / Defence / Aerospace / Military
South Wales, UK
On offer is a Senior Engineering Manager career opportunity within a company considered a world-leader in the integration of cutting-edge defence and security systems, delivering decisive advantage to military, government and civil customers worldwide. This Role Is offered on a Permanent basis.
Purpose of Position
The purpose of this Senior Engineering Delivery Manager role is to provide functional leadership of the Engineering team supporting delivery of contracted programmes within the C4i business area. The portfolio of programmes includes both BCIP 5.6 and the EvO Transition Partner contract; hence it is a significant role. The functional leadership role encompasses capability management, delivery performance management and governance of engineering activity. The role reports to the Engineering Director, with the various Programme Directors being key stakeholders. Responsibilities
* Accountable for ensuring delivery of Engineering content of a programme(s) in support of a particular business area to On Time Acceptable Delivery (OTAD) criteria.
* Accountable for Engineering Governance, including Design and Safety Certification for programmes within the C4i portfolio.
* Accountable for Functional Management of the C4i Engineering Delivery Team.
* Resourcing and Governance of bids within the business area.
* Provision of capability sustainment and development within the business area.
* Contribute towards the leadership of the Mission Systems UK Engineering function as a part of the Engineering Management Team.
- Required Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrable breadth and depth of experience/competence in design and delivery of large scale systems, or a background that provides the equivalent transferable experience/competence. Demonstrable breadth and depth of experience/competence in functional management of an Engineering team. Demonstrable breadth and depth of experience/competence in the Tactical Communications domain, or a background that provides the equivalent transferable experience/competence. Demonstrable experience/competence in Leadership & Management roles. A demonstrable ability to think at the systems level and innovate. A demonstrable ability to build effective relationships.
- Excellent communication skills.
Excellent organisational skills. Excellent analysis and decision making skills. Excellent business awareness. A willingness to continuously learn and develop Required Education & Experience Degree in a relevant Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or IT discipline (or equivalent experience).
If this is the role for you please apply! Alternatively email me at stuart(dot)macdonald(at)modis(dot)co(dot)uk with your most recent CV!