An opportunity to further your career within a market leading company that houses the most interesting engineering projects in the country and world. This employer offers great career prospects and opportunities to work within a fantastic working environment.
High-end technology, market leading business, great salary and benefits in Dorset
- Ensuring smooth flow through production, without delays or errors, by supporting the accurate creation of Bills of Materials, manufacturing routings and process instructions and resolving any build issues as they arise.
- Ensuring that prior to commencing purchasing and manufacturing activities that drawing packs are reviewed and available with full and correct technical documentation.
- Ensuring that Production Engineering solutions and services provided by the department are aligned with best industry practices and meet the current and future needs of Operations and other business units.
- Ensuring that solutions and services provided fulfil the agreed work package, including technical, quality and schedule requirements.
Key responsibilities / duties
- To ensure Production Engineering deliverables are managed ensuring that commitments are delivered to the required quality and schedule.
- To ensure that appropriate technical skills and a suitable toolset is used to deliver robust Production Engineering support and services that meets the current and future needs of the business.
- To support the Engineering team in product design and creation of robust drawing packs ensuring they contain complete and accurate information that meets Production Engineering requirements and are aligned with the needs of Operations.
- To propose, implement and maintain shop floor layouts and propose any new capital equipment requirements for production and test areas.
- To ensure our Customers and stakeholders are regularly updated with task progress, new issues, program risks, technical risks and estimates to complete using defined and agreed mechanisms.
- To be innovative in solving problems and be aware of relevant new technologies / processes. Where appropriate, to support the introduction of these new technologies / processes accordingly.
- The key interfaces for this role are; the Production Teams, the Test Department, the Planning Department, the Obsolescence Department, Design Engineering peers and the Project Management team.
- To be aware of all Production Engineering related commitments and ensure these commitments are regularly monitored and consistently delivered upon.
Qualifications / skills required
- Experience providing Production Engineering support to production departments.
- Experience working with a variety of manufacturing processes and assembly techniques including surface mount technology.
- Experience working with Bills of Materials and manufacturing routings, within an electronic manufacturing system and managing their structure to suit specific needs.
- Experience designing jigs and fixtures, preferably using 3D CAD modelling tools.
- Experience supporting the design and assembly of products designed to operate in harsh environmental conditions.
- Experience selecting assembly processes that meet product design requirements.
- Experience solving complex problems with cost effective solutions.
- Ability to support technical proposals and compile assembly instructions or engineering reports.
- Ability to provide accurate cost and timescale estimates to support bid, project and Operations activities.
- Experience working in a project environment working to quality, cost and schedule requirements.
- Have good financial, commercial and safety awareness.
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of one of the most forward thinking companies in the UK and to further develop your own skills and capabilities.
If you believe that the prior details are relevant to your recent work experience then please do not hesitate to apply to this advert with your up to date CV. Alternatively, you can submit your CV to steven(dot)mitchell(at)modis(dot)co(dot)uk