Java API Developer
My client is a FTSE100 Multinational Utilities company who have been established for well over a century. They are an esteemed and well-established company who are looking to take on a Java API Developer. The ideal candidate will have a strong working knowledge on Java Technologies.
- Provide a highly proficient knowledge of Java technologies, open source Java development and Java web architectures.
- Contribute to the activities and approach to migrate existing API endpoints from the legacy Java platform to the new Java 8 Microservices platform.
- Work with the server-side development team and the Lead Digital Architect to own and continue to develop the Java architecture roadmap to align with the overall Digital technology roadmap.
- Work co-operatively with existing colleagues to continue to develop the Java architecture.
- Is knowledge about latest trends and technologies and communicates with colleagues regarding how these might support the team objectives.
- Desire to learn and enhance skills to support the team.
- Attend the daily stand-ups for the technical work streams they are responsible for.
- Contribute to team meetings & troubleshoots development and production Java problems across the Digital environments.
- Contribute to team best practices as part of a model of continuous improvement.
- Troubleshoot development and production problems across the technically diverse Digital platforms
- Coach and support other team members, and learn from them in turn.
- Ask for help when necessary and reach out into 3rd parties, vendors and the Open Source community to further the ends of the team
- Actively work to improve the security posture of the application.
This is a contract role for the Java API Developer working for a Top company. To apply to the Java API Developer Role please send a CV or call to discuss.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age