Principal Lead - Technology (Director Level)
Principle Lead - Permanent - Gloucestershire - Excellent Salary
- Exploitation of systems and technology to deliver business and cost transformation aligned to business strategy to deliver efficient customer solutions.
- Contribute to the formulation of network, technology, systems and information strategy and evolution plans.
- Take a lead role on programmes and projects that go to Boards for decision.
- Have end to end ownership of network / systems & technology strategy & evolution process, or the operation and delivery of network & technology options.
- Meets business objectives, solves business problems and furthers business success by applying industry, applications and technical knowledge through the definition of high level solutions.
- Work proactively with the business to define new product developments.
- Manage strategic investment and financial control for the delivery of end to end integrated solutions.
- Leverage the experience of the relevant professional communities to discharge these responsibilities, thus ensuring knowledge sharing extends beyond the functional boundary of the role.
- Play a key part in professional communities.
- Able to provide support to the CTO for a critical customer contract.
- May lead teams of professionals and support teams and/or leadership of cross divisional, matrix and virtual teams.
- To be accountable for definition and delivery of specific solutions to achieve business objectives and benefits realisation.
- To perform analysis, feasibility and strategic fit of high level projects e.g. evolution plans, new network & technology propositions and complex distributed systems, for specific networks/technologies/systems, to deliver revenue or cost reduction targets.
- Based on in-depth knowledge of specific technology/industry, play a key role in analysis to support the formulation of ICT strategy, evolution plans or identification of bespoke or customised off-the-shelf applications/solutions in their area of expertise.
- May own the end to end strategy formulation process, the delivery of strategic options/data and delivery of the strategy and/or LoB in area of expertise.
- Maintains an oversight of key technology transformation programmes in specific area of expertise, monitoring performance against business objectives, scorecard and responding and recommending actions to trends and taking executive action.
- To build internal, external and third party supplier relationships to ensure full commitment and support.
- To be a recognised authority across the business and externally.
- To be the escalation point for resolution of major customer issues.
- To be a leading contributor individually and/or provide direction for others.
- To personally participate in and contribute to professional community activities where applicable e.g. knowledge sharing, best practice and external industry.
- To use the relevant professional community framework to raise skills and those of teams to the recommended PC standards
- Significant knowledge of low level programming or system engineering solutions across multiple platforms with experience in delivering bespoke solutions to customers.
- Able to influence at a senior level
- To be a recognised authority across the business and externally: Software, System Engineering, Networks, Big Data Storage & Analysis and Security.
- Detailed knowledge of IVV&T, systems/continuous integration and systems engineering practice
- Detailed knowledge of development methodologies including agile and waterfall.
- Relevant, contemporary and industry recognised qualifications where appropriate.
- Relevant Degree qualification (typically engineering/science) or equivalent.
- Relevant professional experience.
- Recognised expertise in own area within an organisation.
- An in-depth understanding of how own expertise contributes to the objectives of the business, backed by a very good working knowledge of the industry.
- Shares expertise with colleagues and others.
- Is a lead contributor individually and as a team member.
- Provides direction for others.
- Applies knowledge/skills through handling complex problems and/or co-ordinating work which may extend beyond own area of expertise.
- Anticipates client needs, investigates the underlying causes and identifies short and long term solutions.
- Anticipates internal/external business issues and developments in own discipline.
- Manages costs and profitability for a work area and/or large projects.
- Anticipates patterns and links, looks beyond the immediate problem to the wider implications.
- Generates new and innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Manages own time and that of others.
- Develops plans for work activities in own area over the medium/long term.
- Supports strategic planning activities.
- Explains/presents highly complex ideas, anticipates potential objections and prepares case accordingly.
- Able to influence at a senior level.
- Creates formal networks internally and externally.
- Has a comprehensive understanding of professional communities relevant to the LOB and uses the PC development framework to maximise potential.
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £300!
You will be required to hold a minimum of DV security clearance. If you do not hold an active DV clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2018.