Programme Quality Engineer
Programme Quality Engineer - Salary dependant on experience
Engineering / Defence / Aerospace / Military
On offer is a Programme Quality Engineer role on a permanent basis. My client is a world-leader in the integration of cutting-edge defence and security systems, delivering decisive advantage to military, government and civil customers worldwide. We are looking for people that possess a strong will to succeed, who thrive on innovation and embrace teamwork. It's our employee culture and pioneering technologies that give us our competitive edge.
My client is currently executing the AJAX Production programme. The position is for a Programme Quality Engineer to audit and support the design, development, qualification production, integration and testing of activities at the clients Merthyr facility. The role will require close liaison and co-operation with the Engineering and Manufacturing teams.
This post is based in Merthyr Tydfil.
- Responsible for the approval and generation of Programme Quality Plans which define the Operational Quality Assurance activities in relation to the programme.
- Supporting the tailoring of the company Processes to suit the programme and contractual needs.
- Liaison and work with managers and peers in other support functions as appropriate to the Operational Quality Activity area.
- Plan and execute programme quality tasks within the allocated budget, providing up to date estimates to complete as required.
- Performing programme audits at agreed points in the project lifecycle. Including audits at sub contractors to ensure that the appropriate systems are in place and interfaces are defined.
- Attendance at selected key reviews in accordance with agreed plans, including reviews at sub contractors. (Depending on size of development and risk etc.).
- Review of key programme plans and documents including sub contractor produced documents.
- Ensure that sub contracted activities such as design and development and production are undertaken in accordance with the sub contracted requirements.
- Plan and conduct Quality Assurance activities for defined products to allow for and undertake the signing and stamping of Certificates of Conformity on behalf of the Company including PPAP and End Item Data Pack approval.
- Ensure that Non-conforming products, services and processes are investigated and effective corrective and preventive actions are implemented.
- Independent review of, subcontractor Production Testing activities and results to company guidelines.
- Customer liaison and representing the department, the presentation of data, on site and at customer sites
- Promote quality awareness within programmes.
- Prepare quality reports, for internal and external purposes.
- Undertake analysis of non-conformances to establish trends and root cause analysis.
- Represent GD Quality Assurance at Customer/Supplier meetings as required. To carry out surveillance of subcontractor QA activities.
- To ensure that problems are addressed and appropriate corrective action taken
Required Skills & Abilities
- Experience of working in a design or manufacturing environment
- Good knowledge of ISO9001:2008.
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal and presentation.
- Must be flexible in terms of working hours, willing to travel within and outside the UK
Required Education & Experience
- ONC/HNC in an Engineering/Quality Discipline with Quality Engineering Experience.
- Internal Auditor qualified.
For further information on this role, please don't hesitate to get in touch. email - stuart(dot)macdonald(at)modis(dot)co(dot)uk