A contract Mechanical Inspector is required for a long term assignment based in Stevenage for a multi national defence company.
Formal technical engineering/craft apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3/TR23/TR21or HNC is required for this assignment.
Responsible for all elements necessary to achieve and maintain the quality of deliverable hardware.
* Certification of product in line with processes and procedures.
* Examining for correct assembly.
* Examining the finish of all parts to detect faulty finishing or painting, deterioration of surfaces etc.
* Inspect for physical damage.
* Intermediate inspection checks for non-Product Certification activities.
* Monitoring of operators within the Product Certification Scheme.
* Check, complete and certify all paperwork associated with the manufacturing data pack.
* Control of non-conforming items.
* Raise and maintain relevant data records/non-conformance reports.
* Produce relevant inspection/quality control documentation/history sheets.
* Care for and use specialised inspection tools.
* Maintain product certification and approval via regular audits.
* Ensure compliance with all associated procedures applicable to the manufacturing process.
* Ensure inspection times are met.
* Possess a versatile skill base with the capability to apply these skills across a range of tasks.
* Maintain to the highest level, workmanship standards and product quality.
* Maintain a safe working environment.
* Maintain a good housekeeping policy.
* Willing to contribute to an environment of process improvement.
* IPC 610 & IPC 620 certified / trained preferred.
* Manual handling training.
* ESD training.
Additional Job Details:
Formal technical engineering/craft apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3/TR23/TR21or HNC.
Certification of product in line with processes and procedures.
Examining for correct assembly.
Examining the finish of all parts to detect faulty finishing or painting, deterioration of surfaces etc. Inspect for physical damage.
Candidates must be prepared to undergo a security vetting procedure for this assignment.