Principal Systems Engineer
Senior Project / Programme Manager Permanent £40,000 - £55,000 + Bonus
Engineering / Defence / Aerospace / Military
On offer is the chance to further your career within a genuine market leading company that houses some of the most interesting projects in the country.
You may be looking for a step up in responsibilities into a senior position, or you may be looking to step sideways into a company that employs some of the best engineers in the country; either way, this company can offer great career prospects and the opportunity to work within a great environment. High-end technology, market leading business, great salary and benefits.
My client is looking for an experienced Project Manager that has experience within a high end technology environment Establish and implement effective project management processes, tools and reporting mechanisms facilitating achievement of the programme and budgets.
* Ensure Project work breakdown structure, cost collection structures and project plans are defined, agreed and maintained.
* Plan, load and control Contract budgets in accordance with the defined work breakdown structure.
* Manage, control and minimise the project cost base. Support and manage Contract cost at completions, maximising margin.
* Prepare and maintain Contract risk and opportunity optimisation plans and associated contingency budgets.
* Ensure workload forecast is available for the Project / Sector and in line with project plans and long-term business plans.
* Prepare reports covering business performance for area(s) of responsibility
* Co-ordinate interfaces with internal functions and directorates.
* Support the Business and Performance, Commercial and Finance mangers in the negotiation and approval of Contract changes.
* Develop and maintain key relationships with Customers and other external stakeholders as applicable.
* Support the multi-disciplined project teams and encourage strong team working both within and beyond the Project Business Team.
* Support the Sales and Business Development teams in the winning of new domestic and export Contracts. Required and Desired Skills
* Visible and controlled project plans - integrated and realistic.
* Review mechanisms and processes established and communicated.
* Risks registers completed, understood and mitigation launched.
* Opportunities registered and benefits realised.
* Topical and accurate workload forecast maintained.
* Control of Project Cost at Completion.
* Strong relationships developed with Stakeholders including Customer (where appropriate).
* Proposals for new Contracts successfully approved.
* Identifying and resolving conflicts on resource priority with other projects.
* Management of change within project teams.
* Encouraging open and honest communications between team members.
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of one of the most forward thinking companies in the UK and to further develop your skills. If you believe that the prior details are relevant to your recent work experience then please do not hesitate to apply to this advert with you up to date CV.
Alternatively, you can submit your CV to stuart(dot)macdonald(at)modis(dot)co(dot)uk