Test Software Design Engineer
Test Software Design Engineer required to undertake a full range of software engineering activities in line with project requirements in the development of software for test equipment that is used for product development and/or production pass-out.
The contract is for 6 months initially (on-going thereafter) with a competitive hourly rate offered.
Typical activities will include:
- Designing high quality software solutions to complex technical problems.
- Implementing your designs, and seeing them through to delivery.
- Performing integration activities where test equipment hardware, software and the unit under test, come together for the first time.
- Identifying the cause of problems, resolving performance issues and implementing software modifications as necessary or recommending other remedial actions when required.
The successful candidate will have the below skills/experience:
* You will have a strong ability to write software in National Instruments LabView
* Experience in the use of National Instruments LabView FPGA and TestStand would be advantageous.
* You will have expertise in electronic test measurement techniques, with an ability to provide automated control of general purpose test instrumentation.
* Ability to program using procedural language such as C.
* Expertise in electronic test measurement techniques, with an ability to provide automated control of general purpose test instrumentation.
Candidates must be willing to undergo the security vetting procedure.