Software Engineer required to work on component development, problem investigation, defect fixing and component/integration testing. The successful candidate will be expected to work with multi-disciplined engineering team to deliver solutions that meet customer needs to a defined quality standard within agreed timescales and budgets.
The below skills/experience is essential:
- Strong background in software design (using UML), code, test and version control using current methodologies, processes and tools.
- Design and implement software sub-system elements using C++ and C#/.NET, including maintenance of legacy codebases.
- Capable of analysing and debugging software integration issues on Windows platforms, within software development environments and target hardware and software environments.
- Strong Microsoft Windows platform development experience (on Windows 7/8.1/Server 2012) including a good understanding of Windows OS architecture (including 64-bit versions), services and security features.
- Recent experience of development with Microsoft Visual Studio, including migration of legacy products from older versions of Visual Studio.
- Experience of working with virtual machines, including VMware ESXi.
- Exposure to Java development, demonstrating a solid understanding of the JRE and Java development and deployment techniques.
- Experienced with engineering methods and tools for integration and test, and defect management.
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills as well as motivation, integrity, professionalism, flexibility, commitment and innovation.
Candidates must be willing to undergo the security vetting procedure.