Package: Basic salary plus contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, additional flexible benefits scheme and excellent work/life balance including 9 day working fortnight
AWE is a champion of best practice across critical national infrastructure developing strategies that mitigate insider threat. This is a unique opportunity to join an industry leading team in identifying, minimising and mitigating people risks working collaboratively with internal and external partners.
We are looking to recruit a Security Specialist to manage AWE's approach to the insider threat and to provide timely and pragmatic personnel security advice to internal and external stakeholders to ensure programme compliance with AWE policy.
You will be responsible for:
- Support and develop AWE's policy and guidance to mitigate the risk of insiders
- Analysis of personnel security data to identify vulnerabilities / indicators or insider risk and work with security, HR and managers to identify mitigation plans
- Developing enhanced vetting and aftercare products around our most sensitive posts
- Monitoring Vetting Applications
- Support to Cyber investigations
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in Environment, Health and Safety, Security and Quality.
To be considered for this role you will need to have -
- A degree or equivalent professional qualification in psychology or relevant work experience
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- IT literate
Candidates must be willing to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role and be willing and able to work in designated areas
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities.