Digital Forensics Technical Lead
MASS is a defence technology business founded in 1983 who are currently the only company in the UK that offers a fully integrated digital forensics managed service which is formed around a three tiered approach that provides operational benefits to frontline officers. MASS is an equal opportunities employer.
The Digital Forensics Technical Lead is required to be the single point of contact within MASS on Digital Forensic capabilities and to provide digital forensics technical advice on all related proposals. They will also assist the business development function as the digital forensics technical presales support and aftersales care.
They will lead on the technical input to our DF business strategy and provide best practice advice, guidance and recommendations across the entire range of initiatives in the digital forensics domain internally and externally. The DF Tech lead will also be expected to support the BD and on-boarding activity.
Although you won’t have line management responsibility you will be the ‘go to’ person with both team working and being approachable will be in your nature.
Do not expect quiet periods as you will be working with our R+D manager and operations manager(s) to not only offer your support but also to support your CPD.
You will be required to support national working groups and academic research boards along with being a hands on a tech lead who is prepared to keep up to date with DF technology and practices whilst monitoring the horizon and communicating this to our wider team within MASS.
Mandatory Skill Requirements:
- Awareness of proprietary technologies including but not limited to : UFED, XRY, EnCase, FTK, XWAYS
- ISO 17025
- Awareness of decryption methodologies and processes
- Awareness of specialist DF capabilities including but not limited to ‘chip off’ and JTAG techniques
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications
- Knowledge of the Digital Forensics and Law Enforcement markets
- Current DV clearance or prepared to undertake DV
Desirable Skill Requirements:
- IEF, Spektor, ADF, AXIOM, MacQuisition, MacLockPick
- Vehicle telematics and associated data extraction capabilities
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of being a Digital Forensics lead within either a Police force or national law enforcement agency.
- Experience of delivering presentations to Chief Officers and practitioners on DF technical issues
- Experience in the preparation and presentation of ‘white papers’
- Demonstrable experience of ISO 17025 including implementation
- Educated to degree level in a digital forensics related subject, digital forensics certifications (GCFA, GCFE, GASF, etc.) are desirable
- Demonstrable experience of multiple DF vendor applications
- Practical experience of ACPO ‘Good practice Guide for digital based evidence standards’
- Knowledge and understanding of the ‘Transforming Forensics’ program
- Desirable digital forensics expert witness
This role is for 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday and based in St Neots, Cambridgeshire. The salary is £60,000 to £65,000 plus full company benefits.
Benefits will include:
• 25 days holiday
• Company pension
• Private medical insurance
• Subsidised gym membership
• Childcare vouchers
• Company benefits portal
• Share Save Scheme
• Free onsite parking
How to apply:
The successful candidate will be required to hold, or be in a position to qualify for NSV DV Security Clearance.
MASS is an equal opportunities employer.
More jobs like this
- £70,000 - £79,999 Permanent DV Cyber Security jobs in St Neots
- £70,000 - £79,999 Permanent DV Digital Forensics jobs in St Neots
- £70,000 - £79,999 Permanent DV Information Technology jobs in St Neots
- £70,000 - £79,999 Permanent DV Intelligence jobs in St Neots
- £70,000 - £79,999 Permanent DV Management / Executive jobs in St Neots