Tactical Network Systems Engineer
Tactical Network Systems Engineer
Salary dependant on experience
Engineering / Defence / Military
South Wales, UK
On offer is a Tactical Network Systems Engineer career opportunity within a company considered a world-leader in the integration of cutting-edge defence and security systems, delivering decisive advantage to military, government and civil customers worldwide. This Role Is offered on a Permanent basis.
Purpose of Position
My Client are recruiting for System Engineering in support of its delivery of the MORPHEUS EvO Transition Partner programme. Within this programme we are responsible for the delivery of an open architecture Tactical C4i System.
The role is for a Tactical C4i network and bearers engineer with good subject matter expertise to contribute to the specification, design and development, validation of EvO solutions for networking. . This is a senior appointment and is suited to a motivated individual who is willing to step up, take ownership and lead the definition of capability to be delivered, working closely with the customer and development teams to ensure high level requirements are translated into working solutions that can be regularly demonstrated through the agile programme increments.
Responsibilities Capability Owner at the SAFe® Value Stream level with responsibility for defining system capability to be delivered through 12 week programme increments (PI) including
* Decomposition of higher level customer requirements into capabilities, features and high level designs to be developed into working solutions by Agile Release Teams (ARTs)
* Develop and maintain roadmap for system capabilities
* Guide agile teams through development ensuring working systems meet the solution intent
* Participation in regular SAFe ceremonies including Sync meetings, Kanban for work planning and prioritisation
* Liaison with Agile Release Team(s), other Capability Owners, System Architects and support/specialist engineers to ensure a coherent system design is achieved e.g. cross functional dependencies resolved, non-functional constraints considered, interface definitions agreed
Education/Experience Required Skills & Abilities
* Subject matter expertise with tactical networks including radio bearers for voice and data communications
* Broad understanding of network/bearer protocols for voice, reliable data delivery, routing, address resolution, including those applicable to wired and wireless environments
* Familiar with planning, setup, configuration, monitoring of tactical networks including computers, radios, routers and switches
* Good understanding of the OSI-layered communications model
* Competence and developed skillset in engineering methods and tools for requirements management, architecture definition, design elaboration, verification & validation
* Demonstrable understanding of the system engineering lifecycle and phases, and challenges associated with system engineering in a delivery focused, commercially organisation.
Familiarity with all aspects of systems delivery including Safety, Security, Human Factors, Training, Support considerations
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
* Good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills as well as motivation, integrity, professionalism, flexibility, commitment and innovation
* Hold or be capable of holding security clearance Desirable
* Knowledge of time protocols including NTPv4
* Experience in using the SAFe / Agile methodologies for systems or software development
* Experienced in the use of one or more the following engineering tools: DOORs, PTC Integrity Modeller, IBM Rational Rhapsody, RTC, RQM
Required Education & Experience
* Proven track record: skills, abilities and domain knowledge sought, as outlined above, backed up by previous job role(s) and considerable relevant experience in systems/software development and integration projects
* Relevant degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or IT discipline or equivalent wide range of relevant experience
* (Desirable) relevant network qualification /certification e.g. CCNA/P
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of one of the most forward thinking companies in the UK and to further develop your skills. If you believe that the prior details are relevant to your recent work experience then please do not hesitate to apply to this advert with your up to date CV.
Alternatively, you can submit your CV to stuart(dot)macdonald(at)modis(dot)co(dot)uk