We are looking for a Handover Manager to join the Commissioning and Handover Team. As a Handover Manager you will manage, organize and control Handover activities on a portfolio of projects or singular Capital Project on behalf of the Senior Project Manager reporting to the Handover Team Leader; recommending improvements in accordance with the company's Security, Quality, Environmental, Safety and Health management arrangements and all applicable legislation.
We are looking for the Handover Manager to have:
- HNC or equivalent qualification in a construction or engineering discipline or a recognised apprentice training scheme.
- Good Communication skills, able to communicate ideas for improving company processes with a positive and constructive attitude, and for developing this attitude in others.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Highly effective multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Suitable experience in a relevant project delivery role within the construction industry.
- The ability to ensure documentation is supplied to relevant stakeholders in a timely manner to the correct quality standards
- Stakeholder Management
Preferably, we are looking for the Commissioning Manager to have:
- Experience with Ministry of Defence (MOD) or similar Government Organisation.
- Construction and/or Engineering background
- Planning and Programming knowledge
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities.