Principal Maintenance Design Engineer
It's an exciting time to join the Engineering Function at AWE, we are transforming the way we work and continuing to support the demand of the business. Working for one of the area's largest employers and enjoying an excellent work/life balance, we can offer a competitive basic salary plus generous holiday entitlement, nine day working fortnight, workplace pension scheme and additional flexible benefits scheme.
We are currently looking to recruit a Lead Technical Authority - Maintenance Engineering to lead and drive the following,
- Being part of a multi discipline service delivery function, to provide leadership and management of a professional maintenance engineering services.
- Focal point for advice, information and expertise about policy, best practice and engineering knowledge with regards to the maintenance of engineering asset across the whole of AWE.
- Provide governance and management for compliance with Nuclear License Conditions, safety codes and quality standards.
- Creation and development of relevant company guides, standards and process for Asset Maintenance
- Independent from the maintenance delivery team to provide assurance to Design Authority
- Providing advice on long term maintenance strategy for new capital projects
- Undertake maintenance performance assessments and report on compliance status as necessary
- Provide leadership on behalf of Functions Engineering Authority
- Shape the future to inspire trust, build effective relationships to clarify purpose, energise the team to deliver results, and be a model for personal excellence, integrity and accountability
- Focusing on the availability of engineered systems and structures and operational readiness to deliver programme and maintain capability
- Enable optimised plant, equipment and utilities maintenance policies for total asset life-cycle
- Identify, facilitate and provide creative mitigation of business risk arising from condition of engineered systems and structures
Suitable candidate will have experience in defining the maintenance strategy for large complex production or manufacturing organisations preferably within a highly regulated industry.
Membership of an appropriate professional institute as a minimum Incorporated Engineer or equivalent with equivalent academic qualifications (HNC/HND)
Individuals interested in this permanent opportunity will be required to be eligible for UK Security Clearance
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities.