Cyber Security Analyst (SW England)
Cyber Security Analyst
Location: South West England
My client is seeking a number of Security Analysts who would be responsible for the operations and identification of security related events for the organisation - Shift based/Day based roles are available.
You will be required to use your experience in the analysis and handling of events across a diverse range technologies but not limited to:
- Security Information Event Management (SIEM)
- Network Intrusion Protection System (NIPS)
- Network Based Intrusion Detection Systems (NIDS)
- Host Based Intrusion Detection Systems (HIDS)
- Host Intrusion Protection System (HIPS)
- Computer Forensics tools
- Vulnerability Assessment tools
- Incident Response
- Malware analysis
- Analyse information into component, patterns and relationships to understand the greater problem
- Distil information to understand if the issue is part of a larger system
- Knowledge and understanding of information technology concepts technologies, computer systems hardware and software
- Experience with TCP/IP, Linux, UNIX, Windows, IP Routing
- Scripting knowledge such as Java, .net, Python or shell scripting.
- Desirable to have one of more professional certifications in security disciplines such as SANS
- Experience in an ITIL and/or ISO27001 environment.
- Eligible for SC Clearance
- 50% Travel required