IT Technical Analyst - BI Techs (Qlik, SSIS, SQL & MDS)
IT Technical Analyst - BI Techs (Qlik, SSIS, SQL & MDS), West London, 12 Month Contract
My client is a Top Pharmaceutical company whose early history dates back well over 100 years. They are an esteemed global operating company who employ around 100,000 people. They are currently looking to recruit IT Technical Analyst to join their well-established company. The ideal candidate will have experience of development and delivery of flexible, scalable and supportable IT systems using SSIS, MDS, SQL DB and Qlikview software.
- Provides technical guidance and support to the support teams in resolving incidents, problems and implementing change requests in the solution developed using SSIS, SQL DB, MDS and Qlikview Services
- Perform end to end solution analysis proactively to identify areas for improvements to achieve system stabilty, to automate processes etc to drive business value
- Perform hands on to fix incidents/problems and implement enhancements to the SSIS, MDS and Qlikview applications following standards and best practices
- Work closely with the business to understand their processes to recommend technical solutions to support their processes
- Maintain technical documentation up to date (as agreed with IT Asset Owner) in support of the lifecycle plan and for audits/reviews.
- Assist delivery team to transition new applications into production system
- Ensure the technical delivery of any new application is fully compliant with the companies IT and Regulatory standards, leveraging the full capabilities of the software to meet the business needs
- Anticipate, understand, troubleshoot and fix problems using technical expertise and problem solving skills to restore service, identify root cause and implement the fixes
- Proactively support IT Asset Owner to develop and deliver continuous improvement of applications portfolio to enhance user productivity, increase system reliability and reduce the total cost of ownership
- Prepare relevant service metrics for Service owner and IT/Business stakeholders
- Support Business stakeholders in data mapping exercise using MDS tool
Knowledge & Experience required:
- Good hands on experience and sound knowledge in SSIS,MDS, Qlikview and SQL DB
- Have good knowledge on SSIS, MDS, Qlikview to develop data models, interactive reports and dashboards for visual insights.
- Should be able to work with product vendor for resolving any software related issues / reviews
- Should be able to conduct PoCs to showcase SSIS/MDS and Qlikview tool capabilities to deliver business value
- Should be able to guide/train customers on the Qlikview features and feasibilities
- Working knowledge in Data transfer/sync frameworks, reporting frameworks, Relational Database development and performance tuning skills on very large-scale enterprise systems
- Strong understanding of relational databases, transaction processing procedures, and design tools
- Have demonstrable experience on using best practices and principles in business intelligence applications and platforms.
- Knowledge of ITIL Support Processes
- Previous experience in application management, operations, and/or support including knowledge and experience of Incident, Problem ,Change Management and Service Transition
- Good knowledge of FMCG business processes
- Ability to learn/adapt new concepts, systems, and software independently and quickly
- Good Analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication and influencing skills, sufficient to build and maintain trust during times of service outage.
- Readiness to provide out-of-hours support if required and pro-actively monitor operations during out-of-office hours and intervene if monitoring reveals issues
- Readiness to travel if necessary
- Ability to multi task, manage and handle multiple service initiatives simultaneously and to the schedule
- Provide technical management of the service within the guidelines defined by the Service Owner
- Ensure working relationship and close coordination with offshore/outsourced project and support staff and other IT/Business stakeholders
- Sound knowledge of technical aspects in Business Analytics
This is a contract role for the IT Technical Analyst working for a Top company on a global scale. To apply to IT Technical Analyst please send a CV or call to discuss.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age