Criticality Safety Assessor
Criticality Safety AssessorLocation - Reading area Package: Competitive salary plus contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, additional flexible benefits scheme and excellent work/life balance including 9 day working fortnightWe are looking to recruit a number of Criticality Assessors at various stages of their careers who can support the important work carried out at AWE.
Key aspects of the role will be to support the delivery of criticality safety assessments and the provision of specialist criticality safety support and advice to the facility / operational / project management teams to the agreed schedule for delivery, quality and cost.We are particularly interested in hearing from candidates with hands on experience working within Criticality (or a related discipline the nuclear industry). Knowledge or experience of the following would also be preferred:
- Techniques used in criticality safety and an overview of the different regulatory methods outside the UK
- Nuclear physics; e.g. cross section uncertainties for Pu and U isotopes, nuclear data libraries, energy structures, collision processing techniques, ability to derive uncertainties using experimental data (and appropriate ranges of application)
- Nuclear transport codes - Monte Carlo and deterministic methods
- Requirements of fissile operations within a Nuclear Licensed Site
- Physics of criticality (and an understanding of the chemistry and metallurgy of fissile materials)
- Risk assessment and hazard identification methods applied to major nuclear plant
- The Nuclear regulatory framework within the UK
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.