Systems Engineer - CIS, Miltary, Defence, MODAF
Systems Engineer - Permanent - Hampshire - Excellent Salary!
- Knowledge of architecture methodologies, standards, frameworks and tools (preferably TOGAF/Archimate).
- Experience in the application of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE).
- Knowledge and understanding of Military Communications and Information Systems (CIS).
- Experience of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Experience of Enterprise-scale ICT solution development or assessment within a defence context.
- Awareness of information security within the defence environment.
Our client is looking for a Systems Engineer who will have the opportunity to help deliver a broad range of complex and challenging technical programmes within a dynamic and rewarding environment. The successful candidate will be working closely alongside our client's defence clients to ensure that innovative and effective solutions are developed.
The successful candidate will be a key participant in the design and delivery of a variety of strategic programmes and business critical initiatives and will be part of large scale engagements where change and evolution of services contribute to this fascinating, and demanding environment.
Candidates must be willing to travel extensively and work on secondment.
- Working as part of a team to produce system designs from concept through to high level design.
- Applying and adapting your system design skills between specific areas of business challenge or opportunity, spanning a range of existing and emerging technologies including (but not limited to) applications, middleware, network infrastructure and radio bearers.
- Growing and managing architecture products, through the development of data models, standards and the design and implementation of processes and tools that drive coherent, consistent and value-adding use of the architectures.
- Understanding & interpreting business or technical requirements and translate these into defined system models.
- Engage with relevant stakeholders to establish consensus on viability of solution options and the associated benefits and risks.
- Seek to develop system solutions in alignment with recognised architecture development methodologies (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman etc.) and support a systems on-going evolution.
- Stakeholder engagement, both internal and external.
- Passionate about delivering business value through innovative application of technology.
- Ability to think outside of the technical solution to consider factors such as training, information, security and management.
- Ability to tackle problems and define solutions from a commercial perspective.
- Flexibility in approach and attitude.
- Willingness to learn and adapt quickly.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure, whilst prioritising the work effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication.
- A demonstrable desire to seek out and exploit new technology in IT.
- Ability to assimilate and retain knowledge quickly.
- Able to influence and be a part of the key decision making process.
- * Ability to articulate and interpret technical language to non-technical individuals.
- The ideal candidate will be degree qualified (2.1 or above) in a related subject or have the equivalent in relevant engineering, scientific or technical-based discipline.
You will be required to hold a minimum of SC security clearance. If you do not hold an active SC clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2017.