Working in a small team of other software engineers you will:
- Develop complex control strategies utilising the C++ language for unmanned vehicle
- Elicit software requirements for unmanned vehicle systems (operator and embedded control).
- Produce informal and semi-formal (e.g. UML) design
- Realising control strategies onto rapid prototyping
- Where applicable conduct in-vehicle experiments (e.g. on the proving ground).
- Share knowledge and co-ordinate work with other team
Good first degree in a relevant subject: A science discipline such as Maths/Computing, or an engineering discipline such as Electronics, Automotive, Systems Engineering.
- Relevant post grad qualification
- High level of competence in C++ with demonstrable track record in delivering a mix of GUI and 'soft real time' embedded
- Experience in developing embedded software on Windows and LINUX
- Keen sense of software quality in an informal and formal setting and will approach your work with sharing and collaboration in Your code will be crafted with maintenance in mind and will be well documented.
- Understand the requirements of software quality standards (such as AQAP) and be able to work to these
- Strong analytic and mathematical skills and demonstrate creativity in algorithm
- Domain experience of Unmanned Ground
- Working with Git change management
- .net framework
- Good knowledge of scripting languages such as Python or
- Specific exposure to automotive functional safety (ISO26262).