Trials Manager -Target Fabrication
Trials Manager - Target Fabrication
Location - Reading area
Package: Competitive salary plus contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, additional flexible benefits scheme and excellent work/life balance including 9 day working fortnight.
Would you like to join a diverse team managing the delivery of Target Fabrication campaigns from concept, through procurement, manufacture and assembly, to handover to our Plasma Physics experimental facility?
As a member of the Target Fabrication Trials Management team your main responsibilities will be:
- To lead and manage the delivery of Target Fabrication campaigns in accordance with the company trials procedures to meet the requirements of the plasma physics customer
- To manage bespoke trials for the development of concepts and ideas into plasma physics targets
- Responsible for the development and production of trial documentation to meet customer requirements, as required by the trials procedures
- Responsible for the quality of the work you deliver
- Accountable for the safety of all aspects of work you carryout
Knowledge, skills and experience that would be desirable, but not essential to fulfil this role:
- Degree in an appropriate engineering discipline with demonstrable post graduate experience, or equivalent experience
- Professional registration (IEng or CEng) preferred, or a willingness to work towards professional registration
- Ability to manage complex projects and engage with staff at all levels in the business
- Ability to work as a team and individually
- Experience of CAD software, preferably NX
- Experience of MS Office and general IT skills
Candidates must have a willingness to learn, training will be provide for all aspects of work.
Candidates must be willing to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role and on occasions travel within the UK and overseas.
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities.