Security Analyst ( Graduate or experienced )
My client, a large retail company, is looking to expand their growing security team with a security analyst. Reporting to the Head of IT Governance the role is concerned with ensuring that the IT organization operates in an effective, efficient and compliant fashion by providing the oversight and on-going development of IT Governance. This function will identify, establish and link the mechanisms to oversee the use of information and related technology to create value, ensure that Management are well informed and manage the risks associated with using information and technology. The security analyst will ensure the company is appropriately protected from all cyber and information security risks through details analysis and reporting.
- To analyse cyber security threats identified and their impact on the Kingfisher IT environment.
- To work with IT teams to develop remediation plans to protect against cyber security threats.
- To ensure all IT solutions are delivered 'Secure by Design'.
- Support the Information Security Leads in risk identification for all Operating Companies
- To work with the Governance Manager in executing assurance reviews against Kingfisher Information Security policies and standards.
- Manage the regular scanning of the IT environment
- Support detailed investigations where a security breach has occurred or is suspected.
- Provide detailed and accurate reports to support the findings of all reviews and investigations
- Previous professional experience in information security.
- Capability of discussing Cyber Security issues in a non-technical way
- Good understanding of cyber security risks and the impact they can have on a business
- Ability to conduct basic investigations
- A technical background in one or more of the following Windows, Unix, Oracle, SAP, Cloud, Digital, Networks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and cope with competing demands
- Personality as well as creativity in thinking and acting
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
This is a permanent position based in Southampton, an excellent opportunity for someone to take ownership of the role and team, assisting in achieving a high performing team.