An excellent opportunity to join a multinational, business consultancy firm as a platform engineer. This is an exciting role for a candidate with experience of DevOps or digital platform engineering to contribute to projects that service the country and will have a tangible effect on everyday life. The successful candidate will work as part of an agile team to help clients build and continuously improve digital services using the best of open source software.
This role offers the chance to work with modern open source technology, continuous integration/delivery, and modern software architectures such as microservices and cloud technology to name but a few. The role is situated in a team of great engineers who will share their expertise and help each other to deliver and develop as professionals.
The successful candidate should have the following:
- Experience debugging a complex, multi-server service in a high availability production environment.
- Experience of commodity cloud providers such as AWS or Azure in a production system.
- Continuous Integration systems such as Hudson/Jenkins/Concourse/Drone/Bamboo.
- Configuration Management tooling (Ansible/Puppet/Chef/Salt)
- Experience using languages such as Ruby, Python, Go and Java within an existing, production codebase.
- Networking knowledge including switching, routing, VPN's, Load balancing (Software/hardware), CDN
- Security knowledge including Firewalls (Software/hardware), IPS/IDS, Antivirus, SIEM, IDaM, DDOS
- Eligible for SC clearance.
This role is ideal for a candidate that wants to further their career in DevOps and platform engineering with training provided to develop skills and knowledge. This is a unique role that offers the successful candidate the opportunity to be at the forefront of technology whilst making a difference to society.