Network Design Engineer - SC Required
We are currenty recruiting for a Network Design Engineer who holds valid SC Clearance. #
You will be expected to:
- Provide day to day support to the Programme and Project Managers to deliver the required network configurations within all work packages.
- Support the Network Architects by configuring and implementing networks in line with the design documentation set.
- Take ownership of network build documentation components for specific key programme activities such as Integration, Pre-Production and the live environment.
- Ensure the build documentation produced are fit for purpose and reusable through the life of the project.
- Provide input into reports, when required, to the Lead Network Architect, Project Network architects and Project Managers.
- Liaise with other technical project team members such as Integrators and test engineers to ensure that the network element of the infrastructure and systems are built in a timely manner.
- Be willing to undertake customer site surveys to assist with proposed technical network design.
- Provide 4th line support and work with relevant vendors to resolve issues.
Mandatory Skills Required:
- SC Clearance.
- Demonstrable network configuration experience using Juniper and/or Cisco technologies.
- Demonstrable knowledge and CLI experience of Junos and/or Cisco IOS.
- Experience of configuring LAN switches.
- Routing protocols i.e. BGP, OSPF.
- Other network protocols such as TCP and UDP.
- Access lists configuration.
- IP Addressing design. Network troubleshooting.
- Passive infrastructure - i.e. OM3 fibre, 62.5 /50 micron, fibre termination types.
Desirable Skills Required: * DV Clearance. * Firewalls skills, ideally Juniper SRX range and Cisco ASA Next Generation. * Cisco accreditation * Juniper accreditation * VRF and VLAN configuration. * SVI/RVI configuration. * SNMPv3, Syslog, NTP configuration. * AAA configuration.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age