Applications Software Engineer - Team Lead
Applications Software Engineer - Team Lead
Salary dependant on experience
Engineering / Defence / Aerospace / Military
South Wales, UK
Are you an Application Software Engineer looking for your next challenge? Do you have experience in leading teams of 2 - 10+ people? Are you excited by new technologies or perhaps the thought of being involved in the upgrade of military systems? Then this is the role for you...
On offer is a Lead Applications Software Engineer career opportunity within a company considered a world-leader in the integration of cutting-edge defence and security systems, delivering decisive advantage to military, government and civil customers worldwide. This Role Is offered on a Permanent basis.
You will contribute to and lead tasks at different stages in the engineering lifecycle. Tasks assigned will be varied and include analysing and defining customer requirements, architectural design, system and product development, system integration, verification, validation, supporting field trials and problem investigation to address in-service issues and capability gaps. You will be expected to work with multi-disciplined engineering team to deliver solutions that meet customer needs to a defined quality standard within agreed timescales and budgets.
Your expertise will include the development , documentation, verification and support of:
- VMAF software designed using agile software engineering tools and methods.
- Software Development Kits and integration harnesses for use by 3rd parties.
This role also involves:
- Developing, integrating and testing VMAF to support the MORPHEUS Products business thread.
- Provide technical leadership for the other members of the VMAF team.
- Analyzing software subsystem requirements.
- Validating software designs against requirements, constraints and assumptions.
- Designing and implementing VMAF subsystem elements.
- Management of subcontract staff to ensure timely delivery of compliant designs and product updates.
- Ownership of the VMAF change management process, including undertaking analyses of design changes to confirm feasibility and impacts on VMAF implementation.
- Analyzing and rectifying software integration issues in target hardware and software environments.
- Working with specialist and support engineering groups as required to validate designs. Relevant specialist disciplines include security, safety, and human factors.
- Presentation of VMAF outputs, including conclusions and recommendations, at formal reviews and stakeholder demonstrations to gain feedback on the development activities and support future improvements.
- Preparation of job specifications for, and recruitment of, more junior personnel.
- Breadth of experience gained in roles that demonstrate technical leadership, the application of software engineering skills across the software development lifecycle and a track record of delivery. ·
- Software-intensive systems design, development and testing following Agile methodologies, preferably the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe). ··
- Experience in engineering methods and tools for elaborating system and software requirements. ·
- Model-Based Software Engineering tools and methods, in particular UML and preferably using Rhapsody / PTC Integrity. · Solid experience in the use of:
- - C, C++, Python
- - .NET/C#
- - Web Middleware ·
- Microsoft Azure or similar Cloud application development. ·
- Experienced in UI/UX design & implementation. ·
- Cross-platform rapid application development for Windows and Unix variants, including modern mobile platforms (Linux, Android, iOS). ·
- Confident and collaborative when dealing with customers, users, business partners/suppliers and third parties. ··
- Hold, or be capable of holding, a UK security clearance
- Solid experience gained in all phases of the Systems Engineering lifecycle. ·
- Ozone Widget or similar. ·
- Sysmal design modelling. ·
- Enterprise Architecture skills
- Design of secure information systems.
- Experienced in DOORS, Artisan Studio, IBM Rational Rhapsody, HP Quality Centre. ·
Required Education and Experience
- Degree qualification in Engineering (system, software, electronic communications, computer systems) or related discipline
If this is the role for you please apply! Alternatively email me at stuart(dot)macdonald(at)modis(dot)co(dot)uk with your most recent CV!