Senior Risk Specialist
The AWE Risk and Opportunity Function at AWE has undergone a period of extensive change moving it towards providing 'Best in Class' Risk and Opportunity Management to all our stakeholders. As part of this change a number of positions have become available in our well regarded and high performing team.
We are looking for a number of Senior Risk Specialists to join our team. As the Senior Risk Specialist you will provide risk and opportunity information and intelligence to a key area of the business.
We are looking for the Senior Risk Specialist to have:
- Previous experience of implementing risk and opportunity management processes and tools in a large regulated environment.
- Experience of quantative risk analysis including modelling risk, schedule and cost.
- Experience in dealing with complex technical and business issues.
- A Degree or professional qualification.
- Risk and Opportunity management skills.
- Knowledge of relevant License Conditions and Environmental Permitting Regulations.
- Experience of large programmes and capital construction projects.
- Experience of commercial risk management and investment sanctioning processes (Preferred).
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the security clearance required for this role.
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities.