Senior Systems Engineer
Senior System Engineer - Salary dependant on experience
Engineering / Defence / Aerospace / Military
On offer is a Senior Systems Engineer role on a permanent basis. My client is a world-leader in the integration of cutting-edge defence and security systems, delivering decisive advantage to military, government and civil customers worldwide. We are looking for people that possess a strong will to succeed, who thrive on innovation and embrace teamwork. It's our employee culture and pioneering technologies that give us our competitive edge.
The purpose of this Systems Engineering role is to make a significant contribution to the integration, test and delivery of C4I systems on the clients programmes through application of world class expertise.
This role offers an opportunity to provide further support on integration and delivery programmes. The work will cover a variety of activities including:
- Configuring a suite of communications and Infrastructure equipment.
- Analysis of third party applications
- Performing Tests and Trials
- Documenting all activities to enhance the understanding of both technical and non-technical audiences
- Analysis of Complex systems in order to define and structure strategies for integration.
- Develop and document requirements for system integration and testing activities on C4I programmes.
- Provide representation of the systems under test through System modelling language (SysML).
- Support the development of appropriate integration and testing strategies.
- Support the detailed planning to successfully execute the identified strategy.
- Define test requirements, specifications and scripts
- Manage the defined integration activities.
- Manage the test execution, results and associated data.
- Production of test reports and associated test conclusions.
- Support the status reporting of integration and test activities.
- Support the continuous improvement of integration and testing processes, procedures and tools.
Required Skills & abilities -
- Technical competence in integration and testing of complex software based systems.
- Understanding of communications: ability to orient a problem under investigation against the Internet and OSI Reference Models, and good understanding of TCP/IP protocol suite and basic routing technologies.
- Pro-active and flexible approach to resolution of issues to required timescales.
- Excellent written communication skills. Proficient in use of Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, Visio. Ability to generate well-structured technical documents and meeting minutes. Ability to manage documents through a review process, and achieve document release to committed deadlines.
- Excellent verbal communication skills. Ability to present formally at progress reviews with internal and external customers. .
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of C++, C# and/or Application Programming Interface would be an advantage
- Knowledge of MODAF would be desirable
- Tools -
For further information on this role, please don't hesitate to get in touch. email - stuart(dot)macdonald(at)modis(dot)co(dot)uk