Infrastructure Consultant, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire - Permanent
My Client is an award winning and trusted provider of IT solutions and managed services to a wide range of UK organisations of all sizes. They have been established for well over 20 years and are looking for an infrastructure consultant to join their well-established team.
- Design, implement and self-manage projects based around core infrastructure technologies, including, but not limited to:
- VMware vSphere
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- Nutanix Hyper Converged Infrastructure
- Veeam Backup & Replication solutions
- HP & Cisco Switching
- SAN Solutions (NetApp, Nimble, Pure Storage)
- Azure IaaS solutions
- While it is accepted that experience in all of these solutions may not be common and development will be provided to address gaps, we want a minimum of experience with 4 of those listed.
- Provide onsite support and diagnosis for the above technologies
- Act as an internal escalation point for the company's support personnel with regards technical issues related to these technologies
- Provide Pre-Sales technical advice to the company's sales personnel and customers
- Provide clear design and implementation documentation.
- Customer focused consultant capable of working under pressure and meet deadlines
- Clear ability to communicate technology designs and implementations to non-technical audiences
- Constantly strive to improve and develop the services and solutions offered by the company including documentation standards and processes
- Attain recognised industry and vendor certified accreditations
- Must be equally capable of working as part of a team or alone
- Flexible approach to travel requirements as well as working hours including evening and weekend work
- Keep abreast of advancements in technology areas relevant to Service Offerings
- Attend and participate in monthly team meetings and events
- Compliance with company policies and procedures
Work as a team member on projects and proposals, as well as assist colleagues when necessary.Qualifications and Preferred skills:
- Able to design solutions to meet customer requirements
- Experienced in designing, implementing and documenting solutions at an enterprise level.
- Hold pertinent vendor certification standards to support major skillsets, for example: VMware VCP, Veeam VMCE, Microsoft MCSA/E or NetApp NCIE.
- Demonstrable skills to design, whiteboard & evangelise about these solutions
- Experienced working within IT Reseller environment or as an IT Contractor
- Experienced dealing face to face with customers as well as over the phone
- Comfortable undertaking pre-sales activity and producing technical documentation
- The ideal candidate will have strong rapport building skills complemented with a good understand of customer service and empathy
- Experience of Migrating workload to Microsoft Azure solutions (Iaas & ASR for example)
- Design & Implementation of Nutanix Hyper Converged solutions
- Cisco CCNA certification or equivalent experience
This is a Permanent role for the Infrastructure Consultant working for a top company. To apply to the Infrastructure Consultant Role please send a CV or call to discuss.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age