EXCLUSIVE OPPORTUNITY: Sopra Steria are currently recruiting for an experienced Infrastructure Engineerto join one of their key private sector project teams, based on client site, in Luton. The Infrastructure Engineer, who will be part of a team that help deliver and support innovative programs, as well as our legacy applications and systems, which are hosted in multiple managed data centres or are part of our large cloud based portfolio. This is an initial 6 months with potential extensions.
The infrastructure team is responsible for all of the systems that drive revenue generation across the business. We support all aspects of selling and servicing our customers’ needs. This includes our eCommerce systems; the website and mobile platforms, and the Customers management systems that underpin the eCommerce. They are a tight knit team of professionals, working seamlessly with our colleagues in the Marketing and Commercial business functions in a fast paced, competitive environment. We get a lot done and we’re proud of our contribution to this incredibly successful business.
You will be providing a mixture of preventative support as well as integration activities and break fix support focusing around hosted Linux and Windows Server environments, Amazon Web Services and more.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrable experience of designing and implementing high availability and scalable enterprise infrastructure solutions, that include –
- Cloud hosting solutions (including hybrid integration)
- Commercial of-the-shelf’ and bespoke build solutions
- Implementation and administration of Linux and Windows environments
- Applications and Databases
- LAN and WAN networking
- Web platforms, including caching, load balancing, CDNs and DNS
- Cloud architecture patterns and deployment models
- Infrastructure security patterns and techniques
- Enterprise level patching including use of Red Hat Satellite.
- Deployment of integration platforms
- Has a deep understanding of infrastructure and cloud services, tools and best practices with a proven track record for implementing cloud services particularly in Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Has worked with managed hosting providers as well as Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS) at an enterprise level.
- Demonstrable delivery of high quality infrastructure designs and managing the sign-off of the designs with key stakeholders.
- Awareness of capabilities, pros/cons of the main IaaS offerings (particularly AWS).
- Be confident in presenting technical designs and documents to both and IT and business audience.
- Excellent knowledge of Linux Server and virtualisation architecture, system administrationand configuration.
- Has a deep understanding of web and application architectures.
- Experience with Windows Server and Active Directory would be of benefit.
- Good knowledge of network load balancing, preferably using F5 Big-IP devices. Good knowledge of DNS and high availability techniques.
- Experience with Akamai content delivery, caching and security services would be of benefit.
- Proficient in multiple scripting languages and using tools like Ansible, Puppet or Chef.
- Experience of cloud automation techniques, and managing ‘infrastructure as code’ leading to consistent delivery to high levels of quality.
Please apply directly, there are no agencies working on this role. Contact Vijay Bagha – Vijay.email@example.com
The post holder will work through Sopra Steria Recruitment for Sopra Steria, a European leader in digital transformation, providing one of the most comprehensive portfolios of end-to-end service offerings on the market: consulting, systems integration, software development, infrastructure management and business process services.
Sopra Steria Recruitment: 2017 Winners of the APSCo Awards for Excellence for Recruitment Company of the Year >£50m Turnover and Recruiter’s Investing in Talent Awards.