An opportunity to further your career within a market leading company that houses the most interesting engineering projects in the country and world. This employer offers great career prospects and opportunities to work within a fantastic working environment.
High-end technology, market leading business, great salary and benefits in Worcestershire.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- The generation, maintenance and delivery of project plans in support of bids for new business. The completion of work in a defined breakdown to ensure bids are delivered on time to customers.
- The definition, generation and execution of project plans for contracted work according to business needs. Scope could include development, production or research projects
- Product introduction from initial concept into production at agreed target production rates and costs.
- The coordination of resource planning with other business functions.
- The coordination of project financial forecasting. The definition, generation and execution of project plans according to business needs.
- Improving project value and project margin through the proactive management of project risks.
- Project reporting, both internally and to customers. Deputising for Head of Programmes in reporting responsibilities when necessary.
- Leadership, management, monitoring and motivation of cross-functional programme team members assigned to the projects. Scope includes performance appraisals.
- Working closely with the customer to understand the business requirements for projects, developing effective working relationships and addressing ongoing management issues.
- Approval and/or authorisation of documents as defined in Approved Signatory or Delegated Authorities List.
- Health and Safety at Work Act compliance.
Candidates should have experience and knowledge of the following:
- Previous knowledge of planning, managing and delivering either strategically important or multiple projects. Scope will have included production, development or technology projects involving small to medium batch manufacturing.
- Bidding processes in order to secure future orders.
- Experience of developmental activities where project schedules and costs have been subject to change.
- A sound commercial and financial understanding is required.
- Knowledge and experience of Project Management software tools such as Primavera or Microsoft Project is necessary.
- Good customer skills and an ability to work and communicate with people at all levels in the organisation.
- Ability to work in/with a multi-disciplined team.
- Effective risk management. Demonstrated experience of effective risk management and mitigation is more important than knowledge of a particular process.
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of one of the most forward thinking companies in the UK and to further develop your own skills and capabilities.
If you believe that the prior details are relevant to your recent work experience then please do not hesitate to apply to this advert with your up to date CV. Alternatively, you can submit your CV to steven(dot)mitchell(at)modis(dot)co(dot)uk