IT Data Centre Manager
In this role you will manage the day to day sustainment of Infrastructure facilities whilst ensuring deadlines, budgets and service levels are met and delivered. You will be supporting the Information Services Team to plan and prioritise workload and data centre utilisation.
As the IT Data Centre Manager, you will be responsible for the development and implementation of a plan to ensure capacity and capability is well managed and maintained.
We are looking for the IT Data Centre Manager to have:
- Previous experience in managing IT Data Centres and technical services that underpin crucial business services is essential.
- Knowledge of Cooling and electrical systems that support a data centre is essential.
- Experienced in the use of a data centre management tools is preferred.
- Good level of education including Maths or Science or and ONC/HNC/Degree in IS or IT or a relevant subject is preferred.
- Strong organisational, written and spoken communication skills.
- Ability to work well with team members, customers and suppliers.
- Desirable to have IT/Facilities work experience, developing and implementing technical solutions.
- Functional understanding of project management principles is desirable.
- Ability to work flexibly - occasional evenings and weekends and to be part of an on-call rota is essential.
- Must be willing to obtain and maintain security clearance.
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities.