Senior Systems Engineer (SC)
Modis are currently recruiting for a Defence company based in Dorset looking for a Senior Systems Engineers on a contract basis to assist in the workload on a number of projects. Candidates must be able to gain SC level security clearance.
The role will utilise your experience of DOORS Requirements management and System design at concept or architecture level.
Experience within the Defence or Aerospace industry is essential and also full systems engineering lifecycles.
Role: Senior Systems Engineer
Rate: £40-43.50 per hour
Duration: Initial 6 months
Responsible for the conduct of allocated Systems Engineering activities including requirements management, design, verification and validation tasks either on a small project or within a systems team.
- System design at concept or architecture level
- Requirements management (including allocation and creation of specifications)
- Development of interface definitions
- Prepare material for bids, studies and design reviews
- Co-ordinate with algorithm and Software Engineering teams for any required changes to system level documentation
- Support Integration activities within the team
Essential Skills required:
- Minimum of 3 years' experience of Systems Engineering lifecycle
- Experience of System architectures and concept definition
- Experience of Specification development, Verification and Validation
- Experience of use case analysis
- Background in the defence industry preferred
- Knowledge of Matlab would be advantageous
- Experience of IBM Rational Toolset, DOORS, Team Concert, Rhapsody and Quality Manager would be desirable
If this role is of interest, please contact Modis in Bristol to discuss in more detail or click on the apply button below and we will be in contact ASAP.