Senior Software Engineer (C++, UML)
Modis are currently recruiting for a Defence company based in Buckinghamshire looking for a Senior Software Engineer on a contract basis to assist in the workload on a number of projects. Candidates must be able to gain SC level security clearance.
In this role the successful candidate will be responsible for conducting Software Engineering activities throughout the complete lifecycle of a project and will utilise experiences of C++ programming as well as UML and OO design methodologies working in an Agile environment.
Experience within the Defence or Aerospace industry is essential and also full software engineering lifecycles.
Role: Senior Software Engineer
Rate: circa £47 per hour (flexible)
Duration: Initial 6 months
- Software development in accordance with company procedures and tools,
- Development and documentation of the Software Design, through Software Design and Interface Specifications,
- Writing and running Software Test Specifications,
- Attending regular project, schedule and risk reviews with the project manager and Team Leader
- Provide project input to project progress reports and meetings, engineering estimates to complete and input to risk identification and mitigation.
- Supporting Systems Integration and fault investigation,
- Software design using a combination of UML and free format word design document
- Working within an Agile environment contributing to daily scrums and backlog estimating
Essential Skills required
- Visual Studio
- Hands on software development
- Full software lifecycle including requirements, design, implementation, test, deployment and support.
- Flexible and adaptable proven by a history of successful assignments
Other Desirable Skills
- Agile development
- Network configuration and troubleshooting
- TCP,UDP,IP, SNTP, IGMP
- VxWorks, QNX
- Embedded software
If this role is of interest, please contact Modis in Bristol to discuss in more detail or click on the apply button below and we will be in contact ASAP.