Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
Modis are currently recruiting for a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer for a Naval company based near Stevenage. The MoD supplier can initially offer an initial six month contract with the view of further extensions, depending upon performance and results, due to multiple long term projects.
Role: Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
Rate: £34.00 per hour
Duration: 6 months initial, likely to last 9-12 months
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: Eligible to gain UK MoD SC level
Main Purpose of the Role:
- Ensure that product is fit for purpose and conforms to the quality standards in line with ISO 9001, Marine Equipment Directive (MED), IPC-A-610 and 620, with a pragmatic approach that meets the requirements and expectations of both the business and the customer.
- Quality Assurance Authority for both purchased and manufactured parts.
- Support the Quality Manager with Quality Management System activities.
- Provide direction to all functions as Quality Assurance Authority for both purchased and manufactured parts.
- Ensure product conformance to the latest build standard and/or drawing.
- Ensure processes and product conform to the quality standards and expectations of the business and customer.
- Improve quality of work by means of training, guidance, process, check lists, etc, to make continued improvement.
- Ensure non-conformance investigation and preventative solutions to eliminate process and part failures.
- Ensure all manufacturing records are accurate, complete and electronically held within the business MRP system.
- Ensure all manufacturing orders report the necessary qualification documents and final verification requirements.
- Introduce, maintain and use a diverse range of quality tools (PICL, FAIR, FMEA, NCR, Audit, Process, Procedure, Improvement Circle, etc) to continuously improve quality standards and customer satisfaction.
- Conduct quality control activates, such as, maintaining calibration records, inspection, KPI review, etc.
- Review and analyse company KPIs to identify and plan improvements.
- Produce monthly KPIs, including achievements, missed opportunities, planned improvements, etc.
- Take an active part in the NPI process (including product reviews) and the continuous improvements programme.
- Vendor visits to improve supply chain performance and resolve purchased part non-conformance.
- Plan and undertake QMS audits and support QMS maintenance activities.
- Provide a dynamic, diverse, conscientious and proactive team based approach within the organisation.
Experience / Skills Required:
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 or above.
- Knowledge of Marine Equipment Directive (MED), -A-610 and 620 would be an advantage.
- Experience in inspecting mechanical and electronic assemblies.
- Ability to interpret technical engineering documents and drawings.
- Ability to independently assess the required quality level given basic guidelines
- 5 years experience in a similar role
- Experience in medium to large company
- Analytical approach to problem solving with strong numeracy and literacy skills
- Experience and evidence of driving KPI improvements
- Ability to plan and prioritise your own work and other peoples
- Calmness under pressure
- Decision-making ability
- Accuracy with record keeping
- Experienced in improving line performance
- Proven proactive ability, with strong team skills and attention to detail
- Capable of undertaking and driving process improvements
- Hands on approach
Please note: The successful candidate must be willing to undergo and eligible to gain UK SC level security clearance.
If this role is of interest, please contact Modis Bristol or click on the button below to apply.