Software Engineer - Java - Defence / Government
Software Engineer - Permanent - Cheltenham - Willing to hold or undergo Security Clearance
Our client is seeking an experienced and talented Software Engineer to join their team in Cheltenham, working within a rapidly growing environment. This specific project is working with a large organisation to develop a messaging service system for an external party.
- Experience in design, development, test and integration of quality software
- Has experience of designing and developing innovative software solution
- Has experience in Java and the use of object oriented design
- Keen to learn a broad range of technologies on the Java stack
- Candidates who have proper design experience with a thorough background using Java (incl Agile)
- Other useful technologies include Centos, Red Hat, Python & Jira
- You will be willing to undergo and maintain a high level of security clearance
- Experience of UK Government working practices
- Experience with Agile / Scrum methodologies and associated tools such as Confluence, Jira and Wiki's
- Experience with good DevOps approach and associated tools e.g. Bamboo, BitBucket, Stash & Jenkins
- Experience with object oriented design
- Experience of Nifi
- Experience of Messaging Technologies
- Linux operating systems (Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server/CentOS)
- Experience in some of the following programming languages: Java EE, Python, C++
- Experience in some of the following frameworks: EJB, JSF, Spring, JUnit, EasyMock
- Experience with various open source products, e.g. Apache Foundation products
- Experience working within an ITIL based service delivery environment
- If anyone has experience in messaging or specifically NI-FI or Active Q this would be an advantage
You will be required to hold a minimum of DV security clearance. If you do not hold an active DV clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2016.