Infrastructure Support Specialist
The Infrastructure Support Specialist is responsible for effective support and maintenance of system hardware & software and related infrastructure based at a high security site in Feltham.
Working with a wider IT support team you will ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems and related peripherals are maintained to provide optimum availability and performance for users. You will be the first point of call for all system issues relating to the operating system or hardware related issues.
This position needs someone who has a valid DV level clearance and experience in a similar IT sector role. Full training will be provided.
Key Skills & Responsibilities:
- Maintain operating systems on servers and workstations
- Maintain system availability to meet minimum availability requirements stated in the SRD.
- Ensure data integrity and business continuity by implementing and managing a robust backup strategy.
- Ensure all servers and databases are appropriately backed up via a regular maintenance schedule.
- Ensure system security is maintained in accordance with MOD policy, under the guidance of the site information officer (ISSO).
- Administer the creation and maintenance of system (servers / workstations) user accounts and privileges, once authorized by the Authorities site personnel.
- The implementation and verification of all hardware and software upgrades (system and application) as supplied by the system vendor.
- Carrying out system housekeeping duties, which includes performing backups, monitoring disk usage, adding new users and monitoring system performance.
- Provide effective responses to all software and hardware problems.
- Carry out detailed technical investigation and troubleshooting to identify the actions required to resolve the problem within agreed timescales.
- Incident Management
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- DV Security Clearance
- MS Windows 2012
- MS Hyper V 2012
- MS SCCM
- MS SCCM – VMM
- MS SCCM – BPM
- MS SCCM – Orchestrator
- MacAfee EPO
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative.
- Keen learner and willing to develop new skills
- Excellent communicator at all levels of management
- Strong customer facing skills
This is an excellent opportunity to join us and as an employee you will gain access to a large library of training courses and accreditations to help further your skills and development.
We also offer an excellent benefits package including personal pension plan, and various other flexible benefits including private medical cover, life insurance, and flexible holiday to name a few.
Apply now for consideration!