SC Cleared - IT Control and Monitoring Project Manager
Role: SC Cleared - Control & Monitoring Project Manager
Clearance: SC Clearance
Contract: 3 months + (Long Project)
Rate: £400-450 per day DOE
Location: Majority of time at Corsham & Farnborough but also travel to other sites such as; Slough, London and Whiteley
We are currently seeking an experienced SC Cleared Project Manager with full life cycle management from design (HLD/LLD), build test and deploy both automation tools for the platform, and monitoring tools. Experience of infrastructure projects within a government/secure environment, deploying in an Agile / Software Development method, and experience of types of automation and monitoring tools (including but not limited to : Splunk)
Project manage multiple customer facing projects for the implementation of IP networks, IPT, computing/IT solutions and managed service transitions. The role may be based full or part time on client premises.
- Manage P&L to show budget, actual and forecast profitability of all projects.
- Follow best practice project methodology and justify and document all exceptions.
- Maintain strong focus on ensuring PIDs, designs, plans, etc. are baselined and tracked accordingly.
- Travel to customer sites as necessary.
- Manage implementation of projects by co-ordinating activities, ensuring they are undertaken in a controlled and efficient manner. Exceptions to plans must be documented and communicated with options for remedial action identified and recommended.
- Chair regular project reviews with customer representatives and project team members, report regularly on project progress, to the customer and management.
- Define the risk profiles for each project, maintain and manage the risk and issue log for each project, put in place contingency plans to minimise business risk.
- Ensures that project methodology is followed for all projects and documentation is controlled and kept up to date.
- Drive and motive project teams with clear communication of expectations and deliverables.
- Maintain a change control database with records and impact assessments of all changes that have come about during the project lifecycle. Ensure customer instigated changes are properly captured, approved and funded.
- Prepare and present project status reports to Customer and Management teams as necessary.
- Capture all hours worked, and track forecast against budget on a weekly basis on the company timesheet tool. Ensure project team members do the same.
- Proven experience of Managed Service Transitions desired
- At least 10 years Project Management experience in IT and/or IP Networks
- Professional Project Management qualifications such as APM or Prince 2 Practitioner
- Degree level qualification preferred
- Proven experience of Project Managing high profile and complex projects
- Ability to manage geographically dispersed virtual teams
- Ability to motivate and gain commitment from others, escalate and accelerate activities & issues to meet targets
- Full Driving Licence