Network Engineer - BPSS or SC Cleared
Role: Network Engineer
Contract: 7 months
Rate: £200-250 per day DOE
Clearance: BPSS or SC Cleared
To maintain Network Components for IT Corporate and Security networks, including switches, firewalls, routers and connectivity. Ensuring maximum availability of LAN and WAN infrastructure.
Key responsibilities and duties
- Establishing the networking environment by designing system configuration, directing system installation, defining, documenting and enforcing network standards.
- When required, the design and implementation of new solutions and improving resilience and standardisation of the current environment.
- Maximizing network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades and collaborating with network architects and suppliers on network optimisation.
- Undertaking data network fault investigations in local and wide area environments.
- Securing network systems by establishing and enforcing policies and monitoring access.
- The support and administration of firewall environments in line with IT security policies.
- Provide daily reporting on network operational status.
- On-going upgrading of data network equipment to the latest stable firmware releases.
- The configuration of routing, switching and firewalls.
- Remote support of on-site engineers and end users/customers during installation.
- Capacity management and audit of IP addressing and hosted devices within networks.
- Liaising with project management teams, third-line engineers and service desk engineers on a regular basis.
Experience, Skills & Qualifications
- Natural desire to provide an excellent internal customer support experience.
- Have good commercial and service delivery orientated skills.
- Good communication skills and able to support out of hours work.
- Proven track record of customer satisfaction with a strong focus on results.
- Must have full clean current driving licence.
- Relevant qualifications:
- Degree Educated or equivalent IT network engineering experience.
- Relevant certification e.g. Cisco Certified Networking Associate (CCNA), Cisco Certified Networking Professional (CCNP) or Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA).